- English |
Vector Feature Extraction from Topographic Maps,
Available layers, depending on map scale/publisher, include:
• Spot Height
Each layer is output in a vector file format, enabling
easy integration with original imagery, maps and other geo-data.
LAND INFO also offers vector feature extraction from satellite imagery. For more information, please today.
|What are some common uses for Vectors?
||Advantages of using LAND INFO Vector Features:
LAND INFO uses both automatic and manual methods of extraction. The automatic method uses pixel value interpretation software to trace a vector line over continuous pixels of certain color values. The manual method consists of heads-up/on-screen digitizing over a DRG (Digital Raster Graphic – geo-referenced color scan of a topographic map or nautical chart)
Once the vector features are extracted to line
files, they can be attributed to your project specifications. This includes
having a separate vector file for every vector feature or combining
many vector features into one vector file with appropriate attribution.
Specific attribution, such as codes and numeric representation, can
be added to the vector files attribution table to easily ingest the
data into specific applications.
• Esri .shp shapefile or .mdb GeoDatabase
• AutoCAD .dwg or .dxf
• MapInfo MIF/MID/TAB
• Microstation .dgn
(Note: If your desired output is not listed above we can easily convert to proprietary formats.)
LAND INFO provides several different delivery options:
• USB flash drive
• External hard drive (USB 2.0/USB 3.0/FireWire 400/FireWire 800/eSata)
Vector Feature Extraction has several areas that need to be checked to assure a quality GIS Data product. This includes accurate digitization from the source material, built topology, and attribution accuracy.
- The source material is used as a benchmark to ensure that all derived data is accurately captured.
- All vector files are overlaid on top of their source material and visually inspected by trained technicians to assure that all features are captured accurately.
- The attributes are verified against the source data and against any client data that is provided to ensure its smooth incorporation into client applications.
Scales for the Vector Feature extraction will replicate the scale of the map for which the features were derived.